Muscles are group of tissues that covers our whole body, and acts as a sponge-bed for our bones. In addition, it prevents our bones from getting easily injured. Moreover, in a living body it acts as a store house of energy. Also, it helps our body in the movement. And, it also provides the essential flexibility to our body. However, muscle cramp is a condition in which it contracts involuntarily, and does not return to normalcy. The home remedies for muscle cramps relieve the unnatural contraction of muscles, and help to normalize this painful condition.
This afflictive condition may occur at very inopportune moments, for instance while playing tennis you may lose a point due to the sudden pain. Besides, it may also occur while you are resting, walking or sleeping, and causes unbearable pain for few minutes. The most common cause for occurrence of this distressful problem is over-exertion. Moreover, deprivation of oxygen in certain muscle groups may be due to over exertion causing spasms of muscle. The home remedies for muscle cramps will help in the delivery of essential amount of oxygen in the affected muscle group. Another prime cause for occurrence of this problematic situation is decrease in levels of essential electrolytes, or fluids. However, the pain might get relieved when the muscle groups receive the essential amount of fluids and electrolytes.
Furthermore, this problem may also occur due to certain medications, for instance diuretics. Also, deficiency of certain vitamins, or deficiency of calcium may also lead to this pain-giving problem. The home remedies for muscle cramps will help the body to reduce the pain, and help the affected area to recover quickly.
The most common symptom of this problem is local pain. In addition, tenderness, and firmness of the affected muscles is another prime symptom of this problematic situation in which home remedies for muscle cramps are proved to be helpful in many cases. Moreover, this painful problem is likely to disturb the function of the affected areas. For example, the tendency of writing or grasping may reduce when muscles of hand gets cramped. Indeed there are many home remedies for muscle cramps but, only few very effective remedies are mentioned ahead.
1. Roasted celery seeds are very helpful in treating the condition because it has got excellent anti-inflammatory properties. Chew 5 grams of celery seeds many times in a day.
2. Prepare a tea bag of black mustard seeds, and steep it into a large tub of hot water. Soak your feet in it for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Mix tincture form of 1 ounce of cramp bark with 11/4 ounce of willow bark. Also, add 30 drops of wintergreen oil, and 1 cup almond oil in it. Mix thoroughly, and massage the affected areas with this mixture to reduce the pain. It is one of the most effective home remedies for muscle cramps.
4. Add 6 cups of Epsom salt in a bathtub filled with hot water. Soak in the bathtub for 15 to 20 minutes. It will relieve the pain as well as swelling.
5. Fill 1-pint jar with boiling water, and add 1 ounce rosemary leaves in it. Let it stand for 30 minutes. Use this wash on the affected areas at least twice daily.